REPUBLIC OF CROATIA
VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE
9TH BUSINESS FORUM OF CEEC & CHINA
12 April 2019, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Chinese nationals require a visa for the Republic of Croatia (http://www.mvep.hr/en/consular-information/visas/visa-requirements-overview/china,132.html#p), except for holders of diplomatic and official passports.
Citizens of the Hong Kong Special Administration Region and Macao Special Administration Region, both part of the People’s Republic of China, holders of a ‘Hong Kong Special Administrative Region’ passport and a ‘Região Administrativa Especial de Macau’ passport, do not require a visa to enter Croatia and to stay for up to 90 days in any 180-day period or to transit through the territory of Croatia.
Also, Chinese nationals who are holders of valid:
- uniform visa (C) for two or multiple entries, valid for all Schengen Area Member States;
- visa with limited territorial validity (LTV visa), for two or multiple entries, issued to the holder of a travel document that is not recognised by one or more, but not all of the Schengen Area Member States, and which is valid for the territory of the Member States recognising the travel document;
- long-stay visa (D) for stays exceeding three months, issued by one of the Schengen Area Member State;
- residence permit issued by one of the Schengen Area Member State;
- national visas for two or multiple entries and residence permits of Bulgaria, listed in Annex I of the Decision No 565/2014/EU;
- national visas for two or multiple entries and residence permits of Cyprus, listed in Annex III of the Decision No 565/2014/EU;
- national visas for two or multiple entries and residence permits of Romania, listed in Annex IV of the Decision No 565/2014/EU;
do not require (additional) Croatian visa for transit or intended stays in the territory of Croatia not exceeding 90 days in any 180-day period.
The Decision No 565/2014/EU is available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32014D0565&from=EN.
The period of validity of the above mentioned Schengen, Bulgarian, Cypriot, and Romanian documents must cover the duration of the transit or stay.
Therefore, if the period of validity of your double- or multiple-entry Schengen visa (which has to be valid for all Schengen Area member states) covers your stay in the Republic of Croatia, and if you have not used all of the days in the Schengen Area (i.e. you need to have at least one day left of the approved number of days; and at least one entry), then you may enter Croatia with your Schengen visa.
WHERE TO APPLY FOR CROATIAN VISA?
Holders of Public Affairs Passports are exempt from personal appearance and can submit their visa applications via accredited person.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE SUBMITTED WHEN APPLYING FOR CROATIAN VISA?
The following documents need to be enclosed with the application:
- filled-in and signed visa application form (http://www.mvep.hr/en/consular-information/visas/forms/visa-application/ or online visa application form: https://crovisa.mvep.hr/
- a valid travel document; the period of validity of the travel document should exceed that of the visa's by three months, it must include at least two empty pages and must be issued in the preceding 10 years
- a colour photograph (35 x 45 mm)
- proof of paid visa fee (http://www.mvep.hr/en/consular-information/visas/issuance-procedure/fees/)
- Letter of Invitation by Croatian Chamber of Economy (doesn’t need to be in original).
Please make all preparations on time in order to leave enough time to the competent authorities of the Republic of Croatia to process your visa applications in accordance with the Croatian and the EU legislation.
For all further questions you can contact either the Embassy of the Republic of Croatia in Beijing (email@example.com) or Visa Division of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Republic of Croatia (firstname.lastname@example.org).
LETTER OF INVITATION
Personalized letters will be issued by Croatian Chamber of Economy , according to information given in participant's online application form, and sent by email to all registered and verified participants.